Multibrainzzz

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Multibrainzzz

Storehouse of notes for students with uhhh... some connection to Alex DoMeister.

1st English class with Mr. Todd

Alex DoMeister
    Alex DoMeister

1st English class with Mr. Todd Empty 1st English class with Mr. Todd

Post  Alex DoMeister Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:13 am

First impression:
    He's cranky... I'm starting to miss Mr. Reynolds
    Quote "Double Boredom."
    Oh, he's just warmed, alright, so not much of a problem...
    We have homework today >.<

Oh my, student expectations:
    Respect (especially towards classmates, he doesn't really care if you don't really have respect to him. He says that your friends are the real teachers).
    ^ Following that point, he says that we should be questioning "why?".
    Give things thought basically
    Expect respect too, pretty much
    Learning is your own process of thinking about things
    He seems to like picking on Nida now.

Wants inside notebook:
    Reading and class notes 65%
    Grammar and Writing notes 25%
    Vocabulary 10%

Vocabulary quiz every 2-3 weeks, the list is cumulative

Big Words:
    Power
    Conflict
    - Central Theme running through this course (currently)
    Oh,this lasts the whole year, well it woun't come up every two days, but it's just an over-arching question
    Language = Power e.g. propaganda

Homework:
    Write about your experiences with English (as a subject in school). What you like and couldn't like about it, what you'd like to do this year, the best books and texts you've read and what you like about them so much.

Wow, he's letting us out at 3:10 Very Happy
    You know, he may seem pretty nasally and annoying but I think it's just his surface, I think Mr. Todd is a nice chap ta' be honest Smile
    Alex DoMeister
    Alex DoMeister

1st English class with Mr. Todd Empty And here's my half-arsed essay:

Post  Alex DoMeister Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Experiences with English
    19/08/10
    MMX
    Alex Do
    10M

I only started making any much use with the English language when I was first immersed into the educational system. Language skills never were my strongest qualities and struggling with basic English grammar during elementary school, I had taken a dislike towards language arts. Eventually, as my English improved my love for languages grew, and English classes became one of my preferred school lessons.
    Influenced by my 4th grade teacher, I became quite the bookworm, studiously reading at least three hours per day whether be it fiction or non-fiction. My favorite fictional reads were fantasy-set books and anything else that was action-packed. Diverging from generally long-winded stories (such as The Lord of the Rings) I had taken a recent liking to short stories, my interest sparked by last year’s short stories unit. I had taken an especial liking to “The Most Dangerous Game” by Richard Connell: the attitude and style of the writing, the action and whole “hunter hunted” feel to it.
    This year, I’m hoping to repeat a short stories, poetry and plays’ unit. My analytical skills concerning poetry and plays are minimal and I am hoping to have another chance to improve them. I would also like to ask for another speech unit, in the hopes of redeeming my poor marks in last year’s unit. A grammar unit would be great too. I would be fine if I not all of these unit topics were done, I just would not be too happy doing any philosophical studies.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:07 am